Friday, July 10, 2009

This is why I scrapbook.


I am currently taking an online scrapbooking class (bigpicturescrapbooking.com) that is about using vintage supplies for scrapbook pages. One of the challenges was to use a vintage milk cap, and that challenge led me to make this page. This photo is of the Gardner farm in Bloomington, Nebraska. My great-grandfather Charles Gardner built this house, and my Grandfather and father both grew up in this house. I spent a lot of time in this house, until my Grandfather passed away and the farm sadly left the family. It is approximately 100 years old. In talking to my mom about the history of the house, it led us to talk about other details of the lives of my great-grandparents, reasons why they settled in Bloomington, etc. and that, my friends, is why I scrapbook. To keep these memories alive. To keep my ancestors and their accomplishments alive. To relive special times in my own personal history. Love this amazing hobby.

No comments: