Thursday, May 7, 2009

Busy, busy...

May just started and it has been a busy month so far!!! Keaton graduated from Preschool, our god-son Joe received his first communion, Keaton had her pre-K physical (shots-didn't go over so well, but ice cream at Dairy Queen afterword made it all ok!), Dan started golf league, we had our last Couples Bible Study session (until the fall), and oh-last weekend was "National Scrapbooking Day", so that means some fun scrapbook shopping on QVC. 8 ) Ok, the last part there wasn't so "busy" but something I look forward to every year. 8 ) I did get to scrapbook some last weekend-did a little mini album that I need to put some finishing touches on, but mostly I have been working on a graduation album I am doing for my sister-in-law. It is a gift for her nephew who graduates in a couple weeks and I will be going to Denver next weekend to take it to her...and to spend the weekend with Angie to scrapbook and hang out-can't wait!!! 8 )
The next few weeks are also full of rehearsals, pictures, etc of Keaton's first ballet/tap recital which is at the end of this month. It is going to be super cute, will definetely post pictures!!! Hopefully she will do as good as she did at her graduation performance-performed like a pro, not too nervous or anything!!! What a difference a year makes! Last year, she just stood up there and would hardly move! 8 )

I have been a bit under the weather these last couple weeks (of course it started the day that Dan left to be gone for 6 days!!!). Now, I think what is still hanging on is actually allergy related. Weird. I have never had allergies. I took an allergy pill last night and it completely knocked me out, so I will just have to live with the "fullness", plugged ears, and cough. Oh well. It could be worse.

My last couple posts have been politically motivated...or you could say frustration-motivated. Part of my daily routine is to watch the news, and occasionally to listen to Rush and Hannity on the rado. I joke with Dan about how I am a stay at home mom who chooses to watch Fox News over soap operas. 8 ) But actually, politics is its own soap opera...you have secret love affairs, corruption, greed, money...all of the things that make up a bad soap opera. On a serious note though...I am really frustrated with the Obama administration and the way they are handling, well...everything. He is so extremely radical and while he can talk smoothly (with a teleprompter anyway), his views are farther left of most of Americans. I just hope Republicans can win back some seats next year. And all of this talk about the Repubs being too far to the right-that is nonsense!! Of course the Dems want us to move left...because then we would be Democrats!!! I know it would be ideal for us all to just give up and agree with the Democrats, make it a one party system-but that is not good for the country! I laugh when they say we are a party of "no"-well, the conservative ideology and philosophy is completely opposite of that of the left, so of course the Repubs are going to oppose their policies!!! And why are they complaining? They pretty much have full control now! Oh, and can't one make the argument that the right has not moved farther right (which is not true, look at Reagan!), but that the left has become more liberal??? I could definetely make that argument. And the sad thing is-the consistent trend is the more liberal, the more intolerant (funny being they are the party of tolerance...unless it is about religion or about disagreeing with their world view) and the more hateful. Look at what is happening to Carry Prejean (Miss California). I post almost a story a day (and could do many more) on my facebook account that shows how crazy things are right now in the political realm. (I generally use thefoxnation.com which is a great website for news-but also check out CNN and other news organizations on a regular basis).

Well, I will quit the "soapbox"-8 ) I should probably go get dressed for the day-after all, it is only 11:00. ha ha. I love days when we have nothing going on!

1 comment:

Monica said...

I love, love, love your posts!! So happy to hear all that is going on with you guys!! It's crazy how you can be so busy with little kids - I can't imagine teenagers. At least we have a few years to prepare for that! I am still trying to pull together some photos to send you for a "first year of life" album for the girls. I know you are so creative and will do an amazing job. Have fun with Angie and hope you feel better soon!!

Mon