Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Project...

...that I have been thinking about for a long time!

I tend to keep everything, so my pile of Keaton's preschool papers, artwork, etc was taking up a ton of room. For a couple years I have been planning to get them all scrapbooked...and I finally got it started. I am only half done (I need to buy another album before I can continue), but that is a start!!!

Here is what I had to start with:



I sorted through it, making piles according to categories I wanted to use for the album: A-Z, Colors, Numbers, etc.



Then I just started putting stuff in the album. I used a variety of sizes and types of page protectors. Some items I just punched holes in and put in there.

I have been collecting for quite some time the various A-Z and numerical cards that have been put out by a variety of scrapbook companies (K & Company, Martha Stewart, Sassafrass Lass to name a few). I incorporated them throughout the album, along with a few school themed products. I also used folders to hold some papers as well.






So by the time I am done, I will have 2 full 12x12 American Crafts albums full-that seems like a lot, but then I remember this is 2 1/2 years of Keaton's memorabilia and pictures. Love that we will have this to look back thru...see how she grew thru her preschool years, what her handwriting looked like, and the pictures that she drew...so incredibly precious.

No comments: