Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Catching Up...

Yeah, I am not so good at this blogging thing...I need to keep caught up a bit better, especially since I plan on using some of my posts for my journaling for future scrapbook pages! I do have a good excuse though...Dan and I just got back from SUNNY California yesterday! For my 30th birthday (Sunday the 5th), he surprised me and took me to the beach for 5 days-he rented a convertible, and both places we stayed (Santa Barbara and Laguna Beach) were right on the beach! What an amazing husband I have, it was an amazing trip and so incredibly relaxing!!! I will post pics soon (they are still on my camera) but on the left is a page I made before the trip for an art journaling class that I am taking (too fun!) that is about getting away from the snow and into the sun! 8 ). It was sooo nice to get away from the cold weather and enjoy some sunshine. We spent part of Sunday in Hollywood and took a tour of Celebrities homes and places where fun things happened in the world of Hollywood. Sadly, I LOVE that kind of stuff. For instance, we saw the house where 'The Bodyguard' was filmed...love it!!! Overall though, we got lots of great sun, great convertible driving time, ate lots of yummy food, and even got a little sunburnt (including my lips-ouch!).
So while we were gone, our wonderful in-laws (Jim and Jodi), with some help from my mom, watched the girls We owe them huge!!! Esp since they have 4 kids of their own...the girls had a great time, but we missed them a ton! Even so, it was nice to know they were in such great hands.
So I am officially 30...not so bad, but I majorly felt it on Sat. when Dan and I went to Magic Mountain--I can't quite handle the roller coaster like I used to, and we left after 3 rides because we had no patience for the 90 minute waits...that, I say, is a sign I am officially getting old. Ugh.
Saturday was the 3rd anniversary of my dad's passing. I can't believe it has been that long. I am blessed to have the time I did with him, but it does not help the sadness that comes from missing him, and the sadness that comes from my girls not getting to know him. Keaton's memories of him are ever fading, and Mallory did not get the chance to meet this man I call my hero. I will tell them stories though...stories to keep his memory alive. He was such an amazing man, and I know that one day I will be with him again.

In memoriam, April 4th, 2006, Ronald Lee Gardner





No comments: